Summer is here...

Finally!!! Summer is here! Zig is off to Winnipeg and having a wonderful time, getting treated like a little prince. Isa is finished school in 2 days, but we are considering her to stay home to do other , more fun things.
I am finished my classes for the summer (woohooo!!) and getting the remainder of our house painted..yeah I have been saying that for awhile! We have had so much going on here. Sarah was here for a month (may-june) and we had a fabulous time! We went all over, she took the skytrain all over the place. We went to Cleavland Dam (too high and scary for me) , Van Aquarium, and hiking with the girls on Mount Cypress. Plus a bunch of other things, it was wonderful! She will be back soon, I hope as it was great!
Tim and I did the "Grouse Grind" which was amazing..hard as heck but totally cool. I think I can post pictures, and will...It was so amazing to climb up a mountain though it was extremely hard, but worth it. Once at the top, we saw 2 grizzly bears, and 2 timber wolves...they had a huge forest area which was then chicken wired in (ok it looks like chicken wire but it is electric) Still unnerving nonetheless.
Kerby has taken to swimming in Burrard Inlet (except she craps herself when huge boats go by) Last week Isa and Tim took Kerby swimming, and she was swimming right near a sea otter. Very cool! This week's agenda is : Josh is flying here on Tuesday morning- I think we will hit the aquarium. I will update on Wed night FOR SURE as we are heading to Kitsilano Beach and will take some pictures of the girls. Ta Ta for now!


4 Comments:
You forgot to mention how the grizzly moved to a different of the pen but you mistook it for 'escaping'. You froze and were only able to alert seconds later but by that point I was already aware b/c another lady thought the same thing. Didn't the 'Bear Aware' classes in Hecla teach you anything? :) Well, at least I would have lived. You don't have to be faster than the bear- just faster than the slowest person. Great post though, ol' Bear Bait Linklater. Oh- for those who weren't there, a fence was in place, but Shally couldn't see it as it was a thin electric fence. We were safe.
-tim
PS. We didn't break any speed records getting to the top of Grouse. We were neck & neck with a 60+ year old Sikh man who wore jeans and had a turban that was the size of Kerby, not the most aerodynamic of headwear. Next time we'll improve on our speed.
3:26 p.m.
Good times with Bear Bait Linklater!! I had a great time out there with you guys and I know Josh will too...Ziggy is off at the shop with Gramster and he is workin hard no doubt. Keep up the good blogging!!!
10:20 a.m.
Great!Lots of funny,exiting storys about Lucy,Isa,Kerby,and Mom and Dad!I'd give it 100 stars
1:35 p.m.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
1:36 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home