Summer Breaks!


Okay , we have had a crazy busy summer...and thats my excuse for the lack of updates!! I am going to do update in a few different posts here..with groups of photos..
Not sure where I left off but the Debreuils drove out and arrived mid-July..It was great! Micha and Isa were so happy to see each other and chose to dress like twins for the main part of their visit. Josh went to Seattle and Victoria with Billy and had a great time. We did so many great things, but in all the best thing was visiting and catching up with everyone. Lucy claimed Ana and Sasha as her "friends" and Isa and Micha never left each other's side. It was a wonderful visit! I am uncluding some pictures too but there are some highlights that were pretty funny...

We all went to The Spanish Banks (which was amazing ) It is the nicest beach in Vancouver, with beautiful sand, and beach that goes on forever (when the tide is out) So Christine, Her cousin Kimberly and all the kids were playing in the tide pools, having a wonderful time, and were checking out the crabs, worms and various other sea life. We came upon a giant red jellyfish and it was so neat so I encouraged all the kids to touch and feel it. I pushed it along with my feet and felt the body of it (very cool) Well, we all decided to hike back to the main beach as the tide was coming in, when all the kids started to complain of stinging and pain of the ankles and feet...Not sure what they were talking about, we continued on to the beach where we realized we had all been stung by the jellyfish.....so DUMB!! Dumb prairie folk eh!??? We also had little seals popping up where the kids were swimming..likely interested int he kids laughter..It was the best day!
I am including alot of pictures...so please wait for the loading of them. 
Lucy & Kenisyn
Christine & Kimberly
Kids eating popsicles


4 Comments:
Hello my darlings-
I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I look at the pictures..being the cool woman I am I do both...and that is in the store!
I thank you so much for looking after Josh and paying his way...we owe you big time.
The beach shots bring back memories of our own family in BC and it is just like home all over again.
That Grouse Grind looks horrifying and please don't try again...so what if old guys are faster...you are smarter.
How can you ever come home to Manitoba after living there...don't answer...hypothetical question only and I don't want to hear the answer.
We love you so much!!
Gramster and Josh
3:17 p.m.
I have been thinking about this jelly fish thing and well....I don't think it is prarie folk that would kick around a jelly fish and encourage kids to do the same...I think it is prarie folk named Shalyn that would do such a thing!!! Its all in good fun though!!
Didn't you watch Finding Nemo? That is where I have recieved most of my ocean life education!!
I have loved the pics and writings. It makes me want to experience it out there with you. But the pictures will have to be all for now.
Keep grinding the Grouse despite previous warnings of the mother kind!! Love you lots...all of you!!
Love Aunti Ad
6:07 p.m.
Thanks Gramster & Josh,
We will be back...mark my words..we are just trying to share the day to day stuff here with everyone...maybe I will start posting the crappy days ...haha! Its beautiful here, yes, but its nothing without friends or family!
6:38 p.m.
Thanks Adie,
Yeah , did see Nemo but still had to touch...I am the type of person who has to tough the hot stovetop just to see if it "really is that hot!"
The Grouse Grind is very cool..we will do it when you come out! Its way less dangerous than those blasted jellyfish!
6:40 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home